WebCanada is a global leader in the hospitality industry that provides digital products and services to hotel customers around the world. From responsive, subscription web and mobile products, to bespoke digital solutions, the properties and services we build and offer are used by millions every day. We have been proud to partner with some of the world’s best known names in the hotel category, including Sheraton, Shangri-La, Marriott, Le Meridien, St. Regis, Westin, W, Carlson-Rezidor, Aloft, Four Points, Hampton Inns, Design Hotels and more.
WebCanada is seeking an experienced software development leader, an executive who can step in and lead their fast growing, dynamic development team, deliver timely solutions to the market, and execute the challenging development activities on their comprehensive product roadmap.
Reporting to the President and working closely with the company’s Senior Leadership Team and other functional leaders in the company (including Operations, Sales/Marketing, Business Development and Finance & HR), the Head of T&D will be responsible for the company’s software development activities. The Head of T&D will be responsible for executing on the Company's overall technology vision, shaping its technical strategy, and driving its development execution that will firmly place our client as the leader in providing cutting-edge digital marketing solutions for the hotel and travel industries. The incumbent will create the proper structures to drive a high performing development team to deliver these solutions to the market with relentless execution. This person will have the ability to bridge technology with business acumen, will bring experience in developing industry leading customer and consumer facing applications, and will foster a culture of passion, hard-work, and innovation that will make our company the global leader in its field.
What You'll Do
- Manage the Software Development groups (Development, QA, Deployment Release, Support & Concierge Plus) and be accountable for achieving department objectives and successful project completion within budget, time frame, specification and to the high-quality standards demanded by our clients and consumers.
- Manage the technical support team.
- Work closely with Product Management/Marketing and Project Management Office in the development of project plans, identification of project deliverables, and scheduling and deployment of development resources, considering dependencies, risks and costs, to support enterprise projects and new product releases.
- Assists with Omniture code/tracking reports.
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of executing multiple concurrent Software projects.
- Ensure implementation and refinement as required of agile methodology for the design, development, test and release of enterprise projects and new product releases.
- Establish departmental goals, objectives, operating procedures and standards of performance for the Development groups.
- Provide technical leadership, direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management support, recognizing the role as that of both manager and support resource and mentor in a team driven environment.
- Monitor the quantitative and qualitative results of the Development groups and actively participate in on-going performance improvement and team development.
- Recruit, manage and continuously develop through leadership and collaborative team building a world-class team of technology professionals viewed as the leader in hospitality and travel digital marketing solutions.
- Identify opportunities to leverage offshore resources to meet project demand.
- Ensure that the development group culture is focused on meeting and exceeding the organizational and customer expectations.
- Managing relationship servicing agreement with Rackspace (current requests, updates, planned downtime, monitoring and emergencies).
- Manage hybrid cloud hosting platform
- Aware of new hosting products and plan future hosting platform upgrades.
- Manage internal server and network infrastructure.
- Manage technology security and data privacy.
Who You Are
- Previous senior leadership roles in product or application development and engineering for high growth companies.
- Proven experience as a leader developing, deploying, and supporting software as a service solutions to commercial users
- Proven ability to recruit the best and brightest developers and provide them with a vision and working environment to develop world-class solutions while instituting compelling performance measurements that continually drive transparency and improved performance
- Excellent communication skills, strong team player, and the ability to work cross functionally in a fast-paced, high-productivity start-up environment
- Minimum of 8 years of software development management experience within a high technology environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience as a senior engineer, ideally developing scalable SaaS client server applications implementing Linux based enterprise solutions using PHP, HTML, CSS, MySQL or MS SQL Server or Oracle
- Knowledge of the travel and tourism industry and the online travel space is a definite asset.
- Passion about winning
What You'll Get
- A competitive salary and all the Coffee Crisps you could ask for
- Comprehensive Health and Dental benefits
- A comfortable and fun working environment
- Excellent opportunities for professional development