Achiga is a global leader in the hospitality industry that provides digital products and services to hotel customers around the world. From responsive, subscription web and mobile products, to bespoke digital solutions, the properties and services we build and offer are used by millions every day. We have been proud to partner with some of the world’s best known names in the hotel category, including Sheraton, Shangri-La, Marriott, Le Meridien, St. Regis, Westin, W, Carlson-Rezidor, Aloft, Four Points, Hampton Inns, Design Hotels, The Set and more.
Our Toronto Office is growing and we are currently looking for a Business Analyst (BA) to join our team.
As Business Analyst, you will be responsible for developing business requirements. You will participate in early calls with stakeholders for requirement gathering, writing requirements based on business and user needs and working collaboratively with UX Designers and Technical Architects. This user will also lead estimation and scoping process for proposals and will need to collaborate closely with several departments to support early opportunities with existing and new clients as well as replying to RFPs and RFIs as needed. They will be a SME of Achiga offerings and will support sales efforts on offering additional products or services to new and existing clients.
What You'll Do
- Manages and facilitates requirements sessions and the scope of the projects
- Works with key project stakeholders to formulate and communicate the requirements for the project by mapping out the scope (translating requirements into realistic objectives for developers)
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to further define solutions and project vision for new opportunities
- Lead technical requirement calls with clients on early opportunities with the Sales Team
- Ability to distill the differing technical requirements of project stakeholders into a single, consistent vision (often include significant negotiation)Lead estimation process and create estimates and solutions outlined to support the Sales Team
- Translates technical issues by breaking down technical and architectural complexities so that the project stakeholders can easily understand the developer’s rationale, including schedules and estimates
- Identifies business rules requirements and acceptance criteria
- Support the ongoing planning and development of projects and provide guidance on requirements and business priorities as needed
- Creates presentations for senior management that clearly and concisely presents analysis and recommendations
Who You Are
- College or University degree preferably in Advertising or Marketing with exposure to Business Management, Economics or Statistics
- 5+ years of email marketing experience and demonstrated expertise in any of the following industry verticals: travel and hospitality; financial services, retail, business-to-business technology, consumer services and/or consumer packaged goods
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills (including experience in data mining and modeling)
- Great collaborator with excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively produce professional reports and present to senior-level executives within client organizations
- Strong project management and interpersonal communication abilities with excellent attention to detail
- Solid understanding of Architecture design, Documentation, System Testing, Coding
- Solid understanding of databases, Internet technologies (http(s), email, html, css) and digital design trends
- A self-described passion for online and email marketing founded on a solid understanding of direct marketing principles, reporting, tracking and research techniques
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Relevant SaaS product design work a plus
- Experience in JIRA and/or other project collaboration web portals
What You'll Get
- A competitive salary and all the Coffee Crisps you could ask for
- Comprehensive Health and Dental benefits
- A comfortable and fun working environment
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
Achiga is an equal opportunity employer. We thank everyone for their interest in this exciting role.